When planning your wedding, no matter how big, small, traditional or non-traditional you want to make it, you will soon realize there’s an overwhelming list of details to consider! Near, if not at the very top of this list, are wedding favors. After all, you want to give your guests a token of appreciation!
Favors are an important component of any wedding celebration. It’s a small and simple way of showing your gratitude to those who’ve traveled to attend your big day; especially since most of the time, the newlyweds aren’t able to go around and talk to every single person in attendance.
When selecting wedding favors for your guests, you might be overwhelmed with the number of ideas displayed on your Pinterest board. Some ideas are more simple and practical, while others are a creative way for couples to showcase their unique love!
Although the gesture alone is thoughtful, the last thing couples should spend money on are gifts that will never be used, or worse – in the trash! Here are a few favors that your guests will be excited to take home:
The Practical Favors
- Bottle Of Water: This, in my opinion, is probably one of the most practical wedding favors! After a long night of drinking, dancing and socializing, this is the first thing people will reach for when they wake up the next morning. A bottle of water, while very simple, will be much appreciated. For added flare, the couple can customize the label with their wedding date and photo! You can create these labels at a relatively reasonable price here.
- Mints: Have you and your spouse always been “mint to be”!? All jokes aside, mints are a great party favor! After eating a delicious dinner, your guests will be relieved to have a way to cleanse their palate. Not to mention, it’s always a good idea to freshen up before chatting. No one wants to have a conversation with someone who has just gone ham on some garlic potatoes – if ya know what I mean…
- Chapstick Or Lotion: You really can’t go wrong with a tube of chapstick or lotion. These are favors that guests from all ages and genders will enjoy. Again, these items can be easily customized with photos, dates and favorite quotes. Not to mention, these are items that guests can use multiple times after the wedding!
- Flip Flops: If you want your guests to keep the dance floor poppin’ all night long, providing flip-flops is a fantastic idea! These shoes can be purchased for just a buck at Walmart. We recommend buying a variety of sizes and displaying them in wicker baskets. Tell your DJ before the event to encourage guests to kick off their heels! They’ll be beyond thankful for the lack of blisters after the event!
- A Snack: If you have a long reception, it’s highly likely that your guests are going to be interested in a late-night snack! A few of our favorite ideas include popcorn stations, donut boards, s’ mores and even pizza! A great alternative is to provide to-go boxes for guests to snag a piece of leftover cake. As you can probably imagine, food is always a crowd-pleaser and therefore a great parting gift!
The Creative Favors
If practical gifts aren’t exciting enough for you, there are a ton of ways you can get creative! These gifts are usually a tad bit pricier, but they will be enjoyed long after the event. When deciding on favors, you should consider the type of guests attending the event, the time of year and how they complement your venue and theme. Here are a few creative wedding favor options!
- Capture The Moment: If you want to provide some entertainment at your reception, a photo booth is an awesome way to do so! Not only will this be a cherished keepsake for your guests, but you’ll also be able to keep the digital files for yourself. If you want to go the extra mile, you can purchase frames for your guests to store the printed photos in.
- Let Love Grow: It can’t get much more adorable than tiny succulents in clay pots! You can also use these as placeholders by writing names on chalkboard garden stakes. This is a fantastic 3-in-1 option that can serve as place cards, table decor, and the take-home item! If you like this concept but are looking for something a little simpler, consider gifting bags of seeds from your favorite type of flower.
- For The Foodies: There are a few delicious DIY wedding favors that you can gift including jam, hot sauce, macarons, and even olive oil! Consider the season you’re getting married in. For winter weddings, hot cocoa kits, coffee grounds, and teas are great options. If your nuptials are in the warmer months, consider a lemonade mix or even jars of honey!
- Personalized Items: If you’re looking for a DIY-free favor that will be used long after the wedding, personalized items are the way to go! These favors will be routinely used long after the wedding celebration. However, before placing your order, make sure they are dishwasher approved! Some customized items include cups, shot glasses, koozies, and bottle openers.
- A Donation In Their Honor: If you’re worried about wasting money on useless gifts, we highly recommend donating the favor portion of the budget to a charity! Are you passionate about a particular cause? Favors can vary in cost and are usually between $1-$10 each! If you choose this route, consider writing a thank you note and placing it on each table setting to inform your guests of the contribution. There’s no question, they’ll most definitely be touched by the thoughtfulness!
Wedding favors can be distributed in a couple of different ways. You can display them near the exit of the venue or have them waiting for guests in the reception hall. Some couples even place them on seats prior to the ceremony, and others pass them out as they greet their guests during the reception. Regardless, the thought alone will be greatly appreciated! If you’re worried about guests remembering to take their gift home, have the DJ remind them towards the end of the evening.
Although wedding favors are a very small part of the wedding planning process, we hope that this blog post has provided you with some insight and a few ideas! If you’re looking for a venue to host your wedding celebration, we would love to be considered! By the time your big day comes along, it’s the small things like your wedding favor placement you don’t want to have to worry about. In fact, we believe you shouldn’t have any worries at all!
At Madera Estates, we strive to make this entire process as simple as possible. We can help you with just about every aspect of your wedding planning including coordination and catering!
Whether you live here in Conroe, the Woodlands, Houston or anywhere else, our mission for every wedding never changes. By laying all the cards on the table during your initial consultation, you’ll know exactly what to expect when the big day arrives!
Our process is simple: (1) Book a Tour, (2) Pick Your Day and (3) Customize Your Package.
Click here to book a free tour. We’d love to chat with you about your vision. You can also reach out to our team at (936) 441-9337.